Kia Sportage & Venga awarded top Euro NCAP honours
- driver safety is paramount this winter -
Ballymena dealership, Wilsons of Rathkenny Kia is pleased to announce that two of Kia's newest vehicles, Sportage and Venga, have both been awarded the top 5-star safety rating by leading independent European safety organisation, Euro NCAP, making them two of the safest cars on the market this winter.
The Kia Sportage crossover and Venga B-segment MPV were both given the maximum 5-star rating, placing them at the top of their respective classes and in the distinguished company of other Kia models such as the Soul, cee'd and Sorento.
David Simpson, Sales Manager at Wilsons of Rathkenny Kia said: "These awards prove to Ballymena locals that Kia's engineers strive to design vehicles that make it easier for drivers to avoid hazards, thanks to good visibility, powerful braking and excellent road holding. This is particularly important as the winter sets in and driving conditions are naturally riskier; Kia owners have peace of mind that they and their passengers are protected by the very best passive safety technology.”
Kia Sportage obtained scores of 93 per cent for Adult Occupant Protection, 86 per cent for Child Occupant protection, 49 per cent for Pedestrian Protection and 86 per cent for Safety Assist. Venga scored 89, 85, 64 and 71 respectively, in the same categories.
Sportage and Venga also received praise for having Electronic Stability Control (ESC) fitted as standard in most markets. "These latest results from Euro NCAP highlight Kia's commitment to ensuring exceptional levels of safety in its vehicles," commented Benny Oeyen, Vice-President, Marketing & Product Planning, Kia Motors Europe.
In the name of safety this winter, David Simpson has five top driving tips for Ballymena motorists:
· Keep an emergency kit in the car (torch, blanket, first aid kit, shovel, reflective warning sign)
· Fill up your tank before your journey and carry a fuel canister – stopping and starting on the roads uses up fuel
· Check weather reports before you set off anywhere – don’t risk it if you really don’t have to
· Be mindful of black ice – if you can’t see ice, it doesn’t mean it’s not there
· Drive slowly and keep your distance between you and the car in front to avoid bumps if you skid on ice
To view the Kia range or arrange a test drive, call Wilsons of Rathkenny on 028 2175 8261 or drop in to the showroom at