Wilsons of Rathkenny Privacy Statement
Wilsons of Rathkenny Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us. We take the privacy of the data you share with us very seriously.
This statement describes what types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
We will always give you the option not to receive marketing communications from us.
We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications or share your data with anyone else who might.
We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with selected partners who help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so you may wish to check online at www.wilsonsofrathkenny.co.uk/privacy-policy/ periodically to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us.
Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of any significant changes.
2. Collecting Personal Information
We collect information about you and your vehicle when you engage with our dealerships and our website. We only collect information which is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for.
We also obtain information about you or your vehicle from our manufacturer partners, finance funding partners, or if you engage with leasing, fleet and contract hire companies and insurance companies where we may be acting as a supplier or authorised repairer for them. Some of this information does not identify you personally but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us (we use this information to improve our services and make them more useful to you).
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Name (including title)
- Phone numbers
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Vehicle information (including registration number, VIN, service schedules, mileage and warranty information)
- The date and time you used our services
- The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for
- Your IP address
- Your GPS location (where you have permitted access to this)
- The internet browser and devices you are using
- Cookie, Pixels or Beacon information
- The website address from which you accessed our website
- Details of any transactions between you and us
- Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), fleet size and company details
- Voice recordings of calls you make to our dealership
- Any information within correspondence you send to us.
3. Using Personal Information
Wilsons of Rathkenny Ltd will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us (and you can withdraw your consent or object at any time). We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications or share your personal information with anyone else who might.
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to contact you from time to time about vehicle upgrades, special offers, promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us on the details here or, in relation to any marketing message you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
- Meet the terms of your order
- Enable your use of the services available on our website
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect paymenst from you
- Send you emails about vehicle upgrades, special offers, promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require these emails)
4. Disclosing Personal Information
We do not sell your information to any third parties, but we do work closely with our manufacturer partners and with third party suppliers who fulfil business activities for us (like Motability, vehicle funding, warranty and vehicle protection/insurance products, service plan products, roadside assistance, marketing, events and market research etc.)
We may from time to time disclose your information to the following categories of companies or organisations to which we pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf: roadside assistance service providers, customer contact centres, mobility and car hire providers, direct marketing communications agencies and consultants, market research and market analytics service providers, our legal and other professional advisors.
We are required to share your information with our Manufacturer Partners to provide them the required information to monitor our performance across vehicle sales, vehicle repair, maintenance and parts. They also use this information to gain insight into their own performances within the EU and UK market places, vehicle sales performance, market penetration, demographic and geodemographic analysis. Due to the international nature of our Manufacturer partners, there may be some instances where your information is processed or stored outside of the EU. In those instances, the Manufacturers will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place for that transfer and storage as required by applicable law. All our Manufacturers Privacy Statements are available to view online by following the links below:
We take steps to ensure that any third-party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do.
We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information or use aggregated none specific data sets where ever this is possible.
5. Security of Personal Information
Wilsons of Rathkenny Ltd will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. All personal data you provide will be stored on our secure password and firewall protected servers. Copies of paperwork containing any personal information are held in a secure building with restricted access.
6. Your Rights
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request. Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law. If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible. If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible. If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible.
Cookies are small files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience. Some features on this site will not function if you do not allow cookies.
- Analytics Cookies - these cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site, using a service provided by Google Analytics.
- Third Party Cookies - we may use a number of social media tools to enhance visitor interaction on our site. If you already use these platforms their cookies may be set through our website. Data may then be collected by these companies that enables them to serve up adverts on other sites that they think are relevant to your interests. If you do not use such platforms then our site will not place these cookies on your device.
- Functional Cookies - these cookies are used to enable core site functionality. They do not contain any personal information and are automatically deleted when you close your browser.
8. ICO Registration
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is: Z8314114
9. Data Protection Officer
Any Data Protection issues can be directed to the Marketing Department on 028 2175 821 or via email@example.com