Wilsons may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. If we propose a significant change we will notify you by email and will otherwise post an alert that our policy has changed on our website.
Wilsons is responsible for ensuring that the personal data we collect is processed in accordance with relevant data protection laws.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) under number Z8314114.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect the following information:
• Name (including title);
• Address and postcode;
• Email address;
• Telephone numbers;
• Vehicle information such as registration number, VIN;
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers;
• Any other information relevant to your enquiry which you choose to provide.
• Your bank details or credit/debit card details;
• Your contact preferences;
• Information about the vehicles, products and or services that you are interested in;
• Your IP Address
• The website address from which you accessed our website;
• Details of any transactions between you and us;
• Where you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), fleet size and company details;
• Your GPS location (where you have permitted access to this); and
• Call recordings and images taken from CCTV systems that are used on our premises.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We only use the personal information that you supply to us for the following purposes;
• To respond to and fulfil a request you make to us through this website or otherwise, e.g. for a brochure, to request a test drive, a vehicle valuation, to book a service or to provide you with information requested about our range of products and services.
• To contact you with information about other products and services we think might be of interest to you (where you consent)
• To contact you if we experience problems in fulfilling one of your requests in a timely manner;
• To fulfil our contractual obligations to you;
• To resolve any complaints and manage our relationships with you;
• To process payments, send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and to collect payments from you.
• To monitor, assess and improve the level of customer service we provide;
• To repair and improve this website or ensure that the content on our website is presented in the most effective manner;
• As part of our efforts to keep this website safe and secure;
• To personalise our interactions with you;
• To detect or prevent unlawful, malicious or offensive activity;
• To contact you about safety or quality issues relating to your vehicle;
• To remind you about important service or MOT deadlines; and
• To comply with an order of a Court of Law of competent jurisdiction.
What legal basis do we rely on to process your information?
Data protection law sets out a number of conditions which organisations can rely on in order to lawfully handle personal information. The conditions we rely on are as follows: -
The law permits us to handle your personal information where necessary in our legitimate interests provided that this isn’t outweighed by your interests. Many of the purposes we handle your personal information, described above, fall into this category as they are essential activities which enable us to run our business efficiently and effectively for example, enabling us to use third party service providers and to monitor, review and improve the services we provide to you and your experience when you visit our website.
We also rely on the legitimate interests basis for processing to contact you to remind you about important safety and quality issues relating to your vehicle including to remind you about service and MOT due dates. This is important to help ensure that you comply with legal requirements and also maintain the quality of your vehicle. If you would prefer that we didn’t remind you of these dates, you can let us know anytime by contacting our Data Protection Officer on the details below.
We also rely on this processing ground to help us ensure that we communicate with you about products and services, that you are most likely to be interested in, and in the way that you are most likely to want to communicate with us. We may, if necessary, also use your information to defend our legal rights, to obtain legal advice, to monitor our premises and to manage any complaint that you might have. We ensure that your rights and interests are protected when we do this.
You have a choice about if or how you want to receive marketing information from us. We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes unless you have indicated that you would like to receive it. You can change your contact preferences on the main website or by contacting email@example.com
Performance of a contract or to take steps with a view to entering into a contract with you
Where you transact with us to buy vehicles or parts or to book a service or MOT, we will use your personal information so that we can fulfil our part of the contract e.g. to deliver the product to you, to take payment and to manage your order. Where we need personal data to perform our contract, if you do not provide it, we will not be able to provide the services to you.
Required by law
We will, if required by law, disclose your personal information for example in response to a Court Order. We will disclose your personal information if requested by a law enforcement agency or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, non-compliance with of our Terms and conditions, or as otherwise permitted or required by law and consistent with legal requirements.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
Weidemann : https://www.weidemann.de/en/company/contact/privacy-statement/
Gianni Ferrari : https://gianniferrari.com/en/normative/
Honda : https://www.honda.co.uk/general-information/privacy-policy.html
Husqvarna : https://www.husqvarna.com/us/privacy/
Kymco : https://www.kymco.co.uk/privacy-and-cookies
We will share your personal information with third party service providers who provide services to us to help us run our business effectively. These include:-
• Couriers who help us deliver the products you order;
• IT service providers who help us manage our IT infrastructure;
• Finance companies where you want to obtain finance to facilitate your purchase;
• Debt collection agencies should there be an outstanding debt;
• Marketing agencies who work with us and our manufacturer partners to support our marketing activities;
• Aftercare services such as our warranty partners and vehicle protection/insurance products;
• Roadside Assistance providers;
• Mobility and car hire providers
• Professional advisers such as Solicitors or Accountants;
• Accident Repair Centres in response to our Accident Management solution; and
• Social media companies who help us interact with you better.
We will always limit the personal information we share to that which is necessary to enable them to perform their services. We will also always ensure that before we share your personal information, we have entered into a contract with the service provider which requires them to keep your information secure and only use it for the purposes we permit them to.
Police and law enforcement agencies
Where required by law or necessary to protect your (or someone else’s interests), we will share your personal information with the police and other law enforcement agencies.
Where in the world will we hold your information?
Your personal information may occasionally be processed and held by third parties outside the United Kingdom or European Economic Area (EEA).
Whereas in the United Kingdom and EEA, we implement a high standard of data protection law, some parts of the world do not implement such stringent laws. As a result, if we do send personal information overseas we will make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure it is protected to an equivalent standard. These might include: -
• Sending personal information only to countries that European and UK Authorities have indicated have adequate data protection laws in place e.g. Canada or Switzerland;
• Putting in place contracts with the recipient containing terms which the UK Authorities have approved as providing adequate protection;.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is kept secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information hold about you.
HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need it to provide the services and products you request from us. We may also keep it to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve complaints and to enforce our rights. As a result, the length of time that we keep your information for will vary depending on the purposes for which we have it. In any event, we will review what information we need on an ongoing basis and will only retain it for the minimum amount of time that we need it.
You have a right to access and receive a copy of all personal information we hold about you. You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
New data protection laws also mean that you have a number of additional rights including the right to have your personal information erased, the right to have your personal information transferred either to you or a third party in a commonly structured format and the right to object to your personal data being processed. Please be aware that these latter rights only apply in limited circumstances and therefore whilst we consider each request individually, we may not always be required to comply.
You can also correct or amend your personal information. You can do this by contacting us : email@example.com
Where our processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at anytime. By way of example, you have the right to request that we dont send marketing material to you.
To do this you can contact us on 0282175821 or by email to marketing@wilsonsofrathkenny. You can also opt out of receiving marketing material at any time by ticking the unsubscribe option in any communication we send you.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
We are happy to provide any additional information or to respond to any questions you might have.
FAO Data Protection Officer
Wilsons of Rathkenny Ltd
371-381 Cushendall Road
YOUR RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
If you are unhappy about how the We have used your personal information, you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can do this by contacting:
Information Commissioners Office
14 Cromac Place
Tel: 028 9027 8757